Our Top Choices
Products We Recommend
We strongly recommend flea and tick and heartworm prevention all year round!
Fleas and ticks carry diseases that can make your pet very sick. Fleas can multiply rapidly. Just one female can produce hundreds of fleas, and each new generation can grow from egg to adult in 14 days under ideal conditions. Fleas multiply in your pet’s bed, your bed, blankets, pillows, and furniture, etc. It is important to treat ALL pets in your household. If you do have a flea infestation, you need to vacuum, clean, and treat furniture. Use hot water and mechanical treatments such as washing machines, carpet cleaners, and steam vacuums. We highly recommend purchasing flea/tick and heartworm prevention from your veterinarian. Some products sold at stores may carry a similar-looking product, but it may not be as effective! Here are some products that we sell and recommend:
Flea and Tick Prevention for Dogs
- The only flea and tick protection that lasts up to 12 weeks with a single (pork flavored) chew.
- Bravecto kills fleas, prevents flea infestations, and kills ticks (black-legged tick, American dog tick, and brown dog tick) for 12 weeks. It also kills lone star ticks for 8 weeks.
- Bravecto Chew starts killing fleas within just 2 hours and reaches 100% efficacy in 12 hours.
- It is safe for dogs weighing at least 4.4 lbs and for puppies aged 6 months or older.
- Vectra 3D is fast-acting. We absolutely love Vectra 3D because parasites don’t have to bite to die. It begins reducing flea feeding in 5 minutes; kills fleas in 6 hours.
- Repels and kills fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, biting and sand flies, lice, and mites (including Sarcoptes).
- It kills adult fleas and prevents the development of all immature stages of fleas: eggs, larvae, and pupae.
- Protects for one month.
- Remains effective after bathing or swimming.
- Protection for puppies as young as 7 weeks of age.
- Flea and tick prevention for dogs lasting 35 days
- Simparica stays strong all month long.
- The only monthly chewable tick and flea tablet approved to kill 5 different types of ticks, including the Gulf Coast tick
Flea and Tick Prevention for Cats
- Bravecto Topical Solution for Cats kills fleas and prevents flea infestations for 12 weeks. It also kills black-legged ticks for 12 weeks and American dog ticks for 8 weeks.
- Apply once every 12 weeks.
- It is safe for cats weighing at least 2.6 lbs.
- Fleas are capable of spreading a number of diseases to kittens, cats, humans, and other animals. Vectra kills fleas within two hours.
- After Vectra is applied, it spreads on the surface of the skin and hair to protect your cat’s entire body. The ingredients dry quickly, are non-greasy, and provide long-lasting protection against all stages of fleas.
- Used once a month.
- Kills fleas within 6 hours. On the day of application, 97% efficacy within 3 hours.
- Fleas and ticks don’t have to bite to die.
- Protects against multiple stages of the flea life cycle.
- Lasts for a full month.
- A monthly topical medication that provides 6-in-1 protection for cats is considered a safe and effective method.
- Works for a full month.
- It kills 3 different ticks, including the black-legged tick, Gulf Coast tick, and American dog tick).
- It controls ear mites, hookworms, and roundworms too. Revolution Plus also prevents heartworm disease.
Heartworm disease is damaging, potentially deadly, but easily preventable. The disease has been diagnosed in all 50 states in the US. An infection can happen in seconds with one bite from an infected mosquito.
Interceptor Plus (for dogs)
- Prevents heartworm disease.
- Treats and controls common intestinal parasites, including roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, and tapeworms.
- Interceptor Plus should be administered orally once every month.
- Soft chicken-flavored chew.
Milbeguard (for cats and dogs)
- A once-a-month beef tablet that prevents heartworm disease, controls adult hookworm, and removes/controls adult roundworm and whipworm infections in dogs and puppies.
- Also, a once-a-month tablet that prevents heartworm disease and removes adult roundworms and hookworms in cats and kittens.
- A chewable and flavored tablet given to your dog monthly to kill adult fleas, prevent heartworm disease, treat and prevent flea infestations, treat and control tick infestations, and treat and control roundworm and adult hookworm infections.
- Dogs and puppies over 8 weeks of age and older and weighing 2.8 pounds or greater can use Simparica Trio.
ProHeart 12 (for dogs)
- ProHeart 12 is a medication that prevents heartworm disease.
- Used for dogs 12 months of age and older.
- Given to your dog by your veterinarian via an injection.
- Protects your dog from developing heartworm disease for a full year (12 months).
Additional Helpful Products
- Prescription dog and cat food: Hills Science Diet and Royal Canin Prescription foods.
- CET and Oravet dental chews as well as dog and cat toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- Lean Treats for dogs and cats.
- Prescription and non-prescription shampoos, ear cleansers, and flushes.
- Dasuquin soft chews and Cosequin for dogs and cats.
- Feliway wipes, spray, and diffusers.
- Siphotrol area spray and foggers for environmental clean in houses with a flea infestation.